Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Sleepers Sleep: Oh Tell It!

But did I find a fistful of sand

Within my pocket and deep

Down in my shoes, and

How, and why, where are the clues

What fool what fool and who and

What's the news, this gritty

Message in a bottle in a pocket

In a shoe has set my head to

Spin and spin and from

Within my pockets deep

Down in my shoes, what

News I beg, what news.

 

What news seeps through

The airwaves of the streets,

The sleepers sleep through

All the magic yes, the sand in

Fistfuls weighing heavy yes

Oh Bless God Bless the news if

Only for a word or whisper YES(!)

What news what news of sand and

earth and water, wind and winter

Tell it yes, now what of seasons what?

If it please you, do, go on and tell.

If it please you...

No comments:

Post a Comment