Thursday, December 25, 2008

Lucy, I Awake and All My Love To The Sun

2(2)Ly,

Lucy I

Awake:

 

 

If I got into the shower,

And you into God's ocean.

If I scrubbed away the scabs, and

If you swam into the sun,

If I slipped and caught my head upon-

You slipped and sank beneath the waves,

I tore my skin upon the ledge,

You swallowed salt and frozen sea,

I lay upon the tile-

You drifted slow

I slept

You sleep

Indefinitely

 

In definite-

Ly

 

Sleep

 

And then awake anew affirm an infant you and

I awoke a body blue a boy a truth a son of Now,

Then awake, awake, awake.

 

***

 

Sun, ashen

Egg of

Far away beginning and

Long ago beginning, Egg

And sun.

 

Sun, son and soon

They, this one be-

Coming two and

One again, the

Constant division of

Light and life and

Liquid fire meeting

Future, who meets

Woman and

Father, who marries

And makes another,

Sun and Son the

Cycle

Continues, et cetera

Et cetera

 

This I pray.

 

This I pray.

 

***

 

Egg(2) # 97

 

Egg, yes ashy

Hello star, oh

Hello ball of

Melting time, and

Gravity.

 

Hello my ashy star.

 

I love you ashy gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment