Monday, July 13, 2009

Gravity

When I was a boy, I could throw a baseball farther than anyone on the street,
and when I was a boy, I could ride faster on my red bike than any kid on our block,
and when I was a boy, seed spitting was my kingdom and the neighborhood kids, they were my people.

When I was a boy, I took fireflies at night and threw them so high in the sky, whole constellations were born.
When I was a boy, I was a God....of hide and seek.

But now, I've got more debt than any Dad on the street,
and no Jim, John or Steve in my neighborhood could top my blood pressure.
I haven't met anyone yet with bigger hemeroids,
and it seems like the only line my kids are at the front of is for their first welfare check.

Things were lookin so bright for me,
but then I remembered, "What goes up must come down."

Shit, see, when I was a boy, I could still defy gravity...

No comments:

Post a Comment